Notable Dates in Trinity’s History:
1826 – First services held in Jefferson. Trinity was part of St. Emanuel’s Church, a union church together with the Reformed.
1883 – The union church with the Reformed congregation was dissolved, and Trinity built a separate Lutheran church. The old St. Emanuel’s church building was in poor condition and each congregation (Reformed and Lutheran) decided it should have its own house of worship. The cornerstone of Trinity Lutheran Church was laid in July 1883.
1926 – Major building renovation.
1938 – Sunday School addition constructed.
1942 – Sanctuary interior refinished.
1956 – Construction on the two story parish hall began.
1970 – For 95 years until 1970, Trinity was part of a four church parish (Trinity, Shaffer’s Zion, Stone-St. Jacob’s, and Steltz-Bethlehem). In 1970, Trinity and Shaffer’s-Zion formed a two-church parish.
1981 – Trinity and Shaffer’s-Zion became single church parishes.
1990 – Cornerstone laid for the Expanding Our Church Project, which included renovations for the Gathering Area, the offices, nursery, and storage areas.
We give thanks to God for God’s faithfulness throughout the generations, and we trust in God’s faithfulness in the generations to come!
These have been the called Ministers of Word & Sacrament serving Trinity:
The Rev. Emanuel Keller * 1826
The Rev. Jacob Kaempfer * 1832-1833
The Rev. Andrew Deininger * 1834-1846
The Rev. Constantine Deininger * 1846-1850
The Rev. Dr. Peter Scheurer * 1848-1872
The Rev. William Ketterman * 1872-1903
The Rev. William Ehrhart * 1903-1934
The Rev. Dr. Kenneth Ehrhart * 1934-1969
The Rev. Dr. William Beck * 1970-1980
The Rev. Paul Carl * 1981-1984
The Rev. Allan Wysocki * 1986-2001
The Rev. Dr. Patricia Snyder * 2005-2013
The Rev. Sean Titus * 2016-2021
The Rev. Matthew Folkemer-Leonard 2022- Present